Recent Publications (2020-21)
- Prunicki M, Cauwenberghs N, Lee J, Zhou X, Movassagh H, Noth E, Lurmann F, Hammond SK, Balmes JR, Desai M, Wu JC & Nadeau KC. Air pollution exposure is linked with methylation of immunoregulatory genes, altered immune cell profiles, and increased blood pressure in children. Scientific Reports 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-83577-3
- Goshua A, Gomez J, Erny B, Burke M, Luby S, Sokolow S, LaBeaud AD, Auerbach P, Gisondi MA, Nadeau K. Addressing Climate Change and Its Effects on Human Health: A Call to Action for Medical Schools. Academic Medicine 2020
- Baker N, Bromley-Dulfano R, Chan J, Gupta A, Herman L, Jain N, Taylor AL, Lu J, Pannu J, Patel L, Prunicki M COVID-19 Solutions Are Climate Solutions: Lessons From Reusable Gowns.Front Public Health. 2020 Nov 25;8:590275. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2020.590275. PMID: 33330335; PMCID: PMC7732643.
- Prunicki M, Cauwenberghs N, Ataam JA, Movassagh H, Kim JB, Kuznetsova T, Wu JC, Maecker H, Haddad F, Nadeau K. Immune biomarkers link air pollution exposure to blood pressure in adolescents. Environ Health. 2020 Oct 16;19(1):108.
- Haddad, F., Cauwenberghs, N., Movassagh, H., Maecker, H., Arthur, J., Wu, J., Nadeau, K., Prunicki, M. Pollution-Associated Exposure Signature in Teenagers.Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2020: AB82 DOI:10.1016/j.jaci.2019.12.683
- Prunicki, M. M., Dant, C. C., Cao, S., Maecker, H., Haddad, F., Kim, J. B., Snyder, M., Wu, J., Nadeau, K. Immunologic effects of forest fire exposure show increases in IL-1β and CRP. Allergy 2020
- Alkotob, S. S., Cannedy, C., Harter, K., Movassagh, H., Paudel, B., Prunicki, M., Sampath, V., Schikowski, T., Smith, E., Zhao, Q., Traidl-Hoffmann, C., Nadeau, K. C. Advances and novel developments in environmental influences on the development of atopic diseases. Allergy. 2020
- Prunicki, M., Nadeau, K., Lee, J., Zhou, X., Movassagh, H., Wu, J. Mass Cytometry Reveals Monocytes are Associated with Air Pollution and Blood Pressure in Minority Children. Mosby-Elsevier. 2020: AB128
- Kim, J. B., Prunicki, M., Haddad, F., Dant, C., Sampath, V., Patel, R., Smith, E., Akdis, C., Balmes, J., Snyder, M. P., Wu, J. C., Nadeau, K. C. Cumulative Lifetime Burden of Cardiovascular Disease From Early Exposure to Air Pollution. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2020; 9 (6): e014944
- Prunicki M, Kelsey R, Lee J, Zhou X, Smith E, Haddad F, Wu J, Nadeau K. The Impact of Prescribed Fire versus Wildfire on the Immune and Cardiovascular Systems of Children. Allergy. 2019 Oct;74(10):1989-1991.
- Emeny RT, Korrick SA, Li Z, Nadeau K, Madan J, Jackson B, Baker E, Karagas MR. Prenatal exposure to mercury in relation to infant infections and respiratory symptoms in the New Hampshire Birth Cohort Study. Environ Res. 2019;171:523-529.
- Prunicki, M., Stell, L., Dinakarpandian, D., de Planell-Saguer, M., Lucas, R. W., Hammond, S., Balmes, J. R., Zhou, X., Paglino, T., Sabatti, C., Miller, R. L., Nadeau, K. C. Exposure to NO2, CO, and PM2.5 is linked to regional DNA methylation differences in asthma. Clinical Epigenetics. 2018; 10: 2.
- Rice MB, Malea NM, Pinkerton KE, Schwartz J, Nadeau KC, Browner CM, Whitehouse S, Thurston GD. Realizing the Paris Climate Agreement to Improve Cardiopulmonary Health: Where Science Meets Policy. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2018 Jul;15(7):791-798.
- Park HK, Cheng KC, Tetteh AO, Hildemann LM, Nadeau KC. Effectiveness of Air Purifier on Health Outcomes and Indoor Particles in Homes of Children with Allergic Diseases in Fresno: A Pilot Study. J Asthma. 2017 May;54(4):341-346.
- Breton CV, Marsit CJ, Faustman E, Nadeau K, Goodrich JM, Dolinoy DC, Herbstman J, Holland N, LaSalle JM, Schmidt R, Yousefi P, Perera F, Joubert BR, Wiemels J, Taylor M, Yang IV, Chen R, Hew KM, Freeland DM, Miller R, Murphy SK. Small-Magnitude Effect Sizes in Epigenetic End Points are Important in Children's Environmental Health Studies: The Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Center's Epigenetics Working Group. Environ Health Perspect. 2017 Apr;125(4):511-526.
- Farzan SF, Li Z, Korrick SA, Spiegelman D, Enelow R, Nadeau K, Baker E, Karagas MR. Infant Infections and Respiratory Symptoms in Relation to in Utero Arsenic Exposure in a U.S. Cohort. Environ Health Perspect. 2016 Jun;124(6):840-7.
- Ma J, Strub P, Lv N, Xiao L, Camargo CA Jr, Buist AS, Lavori PW, Wilson SR, Nadeau KC, Rosas LG. Pilot randomised trial of a healthy eating behavioural intervention in uncontrolled asthma. Eur Respir J. 2016 Jan;47(1):122-32.
Opinion editorials / Commentaries / Medical Education
- New maintenance of certification module for the American Board of Pediatrics on climate change, health, and equity on 5/21/2021 (expected publication date)
- EMED 134/234 The Impact of Climate Change on Human Health (Stanford Course) from 01/07/20 - Present
- Human and Planetary Health Accelerator: Action Pathway to Link the New School of Sustainability with the School of Medicine (human-planetary health) on 09/24/20 6/2/20 - Present - Human and Planetary Health Fellowships
- “All-electric building codes for new homes would protect our health – and our kids’ health.” CalMatters by Dr. Lisa Patel on 09/30/20
- “Entire 9th Circuit Court should hear climate change case brought by children.” CalMatters by Drs. Lisa Patel and H. Perrin on 06/30/20
- “Plant-based diets: are they good for kids?” by Drs. Lisa Patel, A. Millstein Healthy Children’s the AAP’s Parenting website on 06/02/20
- “Climate change is a health emergency.” What’s up Doc: Pediatrician’s Perspectives Page. American Academy of Pediatrics, California Chapter 1 by Dr. Lisa Patel on 10/23/20
Last modified Thu, 11 Mar, 2021 at 12:43